Friday, October 11, 2013

Carpenters’ Local 157 online scholarship application is up and running

We are happy to report that the Carpenters’ Local 157 online scholarship application is up and running. Please follow this link to apply: https://aim.applyists.net/Local157

The Local 157 Scholarship Program was designed to assist eligible high school seniors in meeting college expenses. The program is open to all college bound children of Local 157 members who are in good standing. With many of our children aspiring to a college degree, parents are hard pressed to secure adequate funding for their children to attend the college or university of their choice. This program provides us with another way to express our continuing support to the members of Local 157 and their families, as well as making a contribution to society by providing the benefits of a college education to deserving young people.

Four scholarships will be awarded annually under this program for the academic year that begins with the fall semester. Applications for these scholarships must be submitted by the date stated on the application.

HOW TO APPLY: To be considered for a Carpenters' Local 157 Scholarship, the applicant must:

  • Fill out an online application form by clicking here and following the directions.
  • Only candidates who have submitted scholarship applications will be considered for the Carpenters Local 157 Scholarship.
THE AWARDS: There shall be four scholarships awarded each year under this program. The scholarships are intended to offset the costs of attending college for the purpose of attaining a bona fide undergraduate degree. Each scholarship awarded shall be paid $4,000.00 per year for as many as four years, or as much as $16,000.00.

SELECTION OF WINNERS: All phases of the scholarship competition, including selection of winners, are handled by the College Scholarship Service/Sponsored Scholarship Programs (CSS/SSP). The College Scholarship Service is a program of the College Board. Operational activities are performed by the Educational Testing Service (ETS).

STUDENT ELIGIBILITY: To qualify, the applicant must be the natural or legally adopted child of an eligible member in good standing. The child of a deceased member will be considered eligible if, at the time of his or her death, the deceased member met the requirements of a member in good standing, and his or her child was at least 12 years of age.

Applicants will be considered eligible without regard to age provided they are unmarried and:
  • entering college as freshmen without prior college credit, or
  • entering college with prior college credit earned while completing the senior year of high school in either an Early Admissions or Advanced Placement Program, or
  • a mid-year graduate from high school, who entered college in the spring semester and who has earned one-half year's college credit.
The winners of the Charles Johnson Scholarships will not be eligible for the Carpenters Local 157 Scholarship. By eliminating duplication, more of the Local 157's children will be recipients of scholarships made possible by the Union.

REQUIREMENTS FOR RENEWAL OF SCHOLARSHIPS: To qualify for renewal, the recipient must remain a full time student in good academic standing. A student must complete at least 12 credits per semester of 15 hours per quarter and obtain a grade point average of at least 2.0 in the first year and at least 2.5 each year thereafter.

Each award will be sent directly to the college at which the winner is enrolled, and credited to the winner's account for payment of authorized college expenses (tuition, room and board for college operated accommodations, and all documented matriculation and other usual and similar fees).

Disbursements of stipends will be co-payable to the institution and the recipient. Disbursements are subject to the institution's scholarship policy.

MEMBER ELIGIBILITY: Students will be considered eligible as candidates for a scholarship award provided one of their parents is a member in good standing, for 5 years according to the Financial Secretary at the time the application is submitted by December 15th.

A deceased member's child will be considered an eligible candidate for a scholarship award if, at the time of his or her death, the deceased member met the above requirements, and his or her child was at least 12 years of age.

The child of a Regular, Early Retirement or Disability pensioner of Local 157 under the New York City District Council of Carpenters Pension Fund will likewise be eligible if, at the time of his or her retirement, the pensioner met the above active member requirements, and his or her child was at least 12 years of age.

Also the child must apply during their junior year in high school.

SAT REQUIREMENT: (Important: Please Read Carefully)

Register for and take the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) of the College Board no later than the December administration.

When completing the reports to Colleges and Scholarship Sponsors Section of your Registration Form, enter Code 2599 for the Carpenters' Local Union 157 Scholarship Program as one of the colleges or scholarship programs to which scores are to be sent.

For more information contact Local 157 at 1-212-685-0567

Education and Scholarship Links 

 

US News America's Best Colleges The complete data for exclusive rankings of more than 1,400 colleges and universities including interactive sorting capability, enhanced directory pages, a complete collection of tools including Advanced College Search, College Comparison, and My USNews, extended rankings, and articles.

The Princeton Review helps students, parents, and educators deal responsibly with the increasingly competitive and complex process of admissions to college and graduate school as well as the growing pressures of accountability.

The College Board launched collegeboard.com to provide a new level of service to college-bound students across the country and around the world, taking advantage of the speed, reach, and versatility of the Internet. We saw this powerful new medium as a unique opportunity to serve more young people than ever before, and to give all of them access to critical information, advice and tools, regardless of their circumstances.

FastWeb, the Internet's leading scholarship search service, helps students make the decisions that shape their lives: choosing a college, paying for college and finding jobs during and after college.

Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on the Web. FAFSA opens the door to the federal student aid process. Every step you take will get you closer to achieving your educational goals. Find out what you can expect from beginning to end.

Welcome to ACT's Financial Aid Need Estimator! This free service can help you plan more effectively to meet college costs. The Financial Aid Need Estimator allows you to calculate both your family contribution and costs at specific institutions by taking you through two steps.

FinAid was established in the fall of 1994 as a public service. This award-winning site has grown into the most comprehensive annotated collection of information about student financial aid on the web.

Surviving the First Year of College Myth vs. Reality As a parent and a college professor, I have observed students over the years as they attempted to navigate the oftentimes rough waters of their first year in college. Some were successful, others not so. I began informally to collect my observations of their voyages through the first year in the hope that I could help future students navigate more easily.

StudentsReview Find out what students say!

U.S. Department of Education Prepare for college, apply for aid, see resources that can help with tonight's homework.

42 comments:

  1. Glass Doctor was awesome!! I called for a windshield repair and they were really willing to negotiate with the price.
    Louis and Julia were very helpful! They knew how to take care of me! Definitely recommend anyone to visit Glass Doctor.
    http://longbeach.glassdoctor.com/AutoGlassServices/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Creative analysis . BTW , if someone is requiring a AFLAC NY Cancer Screening Wellness Benefit Claim Form , We discovered a template document here http://pdf.ac/1DIgKl

    ReplyDelete
  3. I take pleasure in, lead to I found exactly what
    I used to be having a look for. You've ended my 4 day long hunt!
    God Bless you man. Have a nice day. Bye

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you for sharing this information it has helped me to know more about Education Loan Abroad

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post would like to know more on study loan overseas

    ReplyDelete
  6. Homdum is an online marketplace for home construction, refurbishment and repair services. It's really most important article, for more visit carpenter service provider in nagpur.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Access to computers and other control systems which might provide you with information about the way the world revolves around technology should be unlimited and total. All information should be free and accessible to all. That is why we at INTEGRATEDHACKS  have come come up with a team of highly motivated and dedicated hackers to help you get access to information you are being deprived of. Our services include and are not limited to hacking of social media accounts,email accounts, tracking of phones hacking of bank cards and many more.
     Have you ever been hacked? Need to recover your stolen account, Want to monitor your kids,spouse or partner, Change your school results track messages from an email or mobile number and many more, INTEGRATEDHACKS is the one for you. Hundreds of our clients have their phones, social media accounts, emails, servers, may bots and PCs hacked consistently and efficiently. Our professional hackers for hire team is highly qualified and can hack anything or device you desire without giving the target any form of notification which makes us one of the best.


     ★ Contact Us For Your Desired Hacking services via : integratedhacks@cyberservices.com and experience cyber hacking like never before.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Berlitz Pakistan is Internationa Chain system offering Services for students interested in study Abroad in all countries. All services under one roof. We are Providing World Class services. We are Best in the Town. We are currently in Islamabad, Lahore and Karachi.
    Foreign Education Consultants
    Free IELTS For Registered Students
    Study Abroad Consultants in Islamabad
    Study Abroad Consultants in Karachi
    Study Abroad Consultants in Lahore

    ReplyDelete
  10. Its great to know about this blog, Appreciate your efforts with such a valuable information provided. Could you help me to find out details about Study Loan Abroad.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Found this blog very useful, Could you help me to find out more details about Educational Loan Emi Calculator

    ReplyDelete
  12. You should also be choosing a mentor who is someone who can relate to you. Someone who is willing to get along with you can provide you with ideas that you never thought of before. If you are curious to know more about volunteering, here you can get more information about it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The mentoring program will help you create your goals. Get detailed info about charities in los angeles on this site.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very interesting discussion!! I think that you should write more on this topic, it might not be a taboo
    subject but generally people are not enough to speak on such topics. To the next. Cheers.
    Order fulfillment


    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello everyone i want testify how DR OKOLO the spell caster saved my marriage After being in relationship with my husband for
    years, he broke up with me. I did everything within my reach to bring him
    back but all was in vain, I wanted him back so badly because of the love I
    had for him, I begged him with everything, I made promises but he refused.
    I explained my problem to my friend and she suggested that I should rather
    contact a spell caster that could help me cast a spell to bring him back ,
    I had no choice than to try it. I messaged the spell caster, and he assured
    me there was no problem and that everything will be okay before three days.
    He cast the spell and surprisingly on the second day, my husband called me.
    I was so surprised, I answered the call and all he said was that he was so
    sorry for everything that had happened He wanted me to return to him. He
    also said he loved me so much. I was so happy and went to him that was how
    we started living together happily again. The spell casters email is :
    drokolosolutioncenter@gmail.com. You can email him if you need his assistance in
    your relationship or any other Case. Or WhatApp him on+2347031895935

    1) Love Spells
    2) Lost Love Spells
    3) Divorce Spells
    4) Marriage Spells
    5) Binding Spell.
    6) Breakup Spells
    7) Banish a past Lover
    8.) You want to be promoted in your office/ Lottery spell
    9) want to satisfy your lover (10) Death spell
    Contact this great man if you are having any problem for a lasting solution
    through drokolosolutioncenter@gmail.com  

    ReplyDelete
  17. Greatest thanks to Dr Oyagu for his herbal drugs that he prepared for me and when i start using it in just 2weeks i was completely cured and that ended my HERPES SIMPLEX 1&2 DISEASE i am so happy and grateful to Dr Oyagu . after reading about him on a testimony of Jason Cash on a blogger. i knew suddenly Dr Oyagu was the right Doctor to cure my HERPES SIMPLEX 1&2 DISEASE. i discuss with Dr Oyagu and he prepared a herbal medicine for me and when it got sent to me in south korean . i used the herbal medicine and 2weeks and i went to check up again. after 15years of suffering from HERPES SIMPLEX 1&2 at last i am smiling once again. Dr Oyagu also has remedy to others disease like COLD SORES,HIV/AIDS,DIABETES.CANCER,HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE AND MANY MORE. I oblige everyone to contact this powerful herbalist Dr Oyagu and be free from your suffering. contact his WhatsApp line: +2348101755322 or his Email:Oyaguherbalhome@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. HOW I GOT CURED OF HERPES DISEASE
    I'm here to testify about what DR. ANUGE did for me. I have been suffering from (HERPES) disease for the past 5 years and had constant pain,especially inside my body. During the first year,I had faith in God that i would be healed someday. This disease started circulating all over my body and i have been taking treatment from my doctor, few weeks ago i came across a testimony of one lady on the internet testifying about a Man called DR. Anuge on how he cured her from herpes disease. And she also gave the email address of this man and advise anybody to contact him for help for any kind of sickness that he would be of help.so I emailed him telling him about my (HERPES) he told me not to worry that i was going to be cured!! Well i never believed it,, well after all the procedures and remedy given to me by this man few weeks later i started experiencing changes all over me as DR. ANUGE assured me that i will be cured,after some time. i went to my doctor to confirmed if i have be finally healed behold it was TRUE, the test came out negative. So friends my advise is if you have such sickness or any other at all you can contact DR. Anuge for help. Email} dranuge@gmail.com WhatsApp /call +2348164866838

    ReplyDelete
  19. A big thanks to Dr Oselumen i never believe that there still exist a real death spell caster after all this years of disappointment from the enormous spammers on the Internet who go about scamming people, until i was opportune to meet Dr Oselumen a real spell caster, through a close friend called Jennifer who Dr oselumen had helped before, when i contacted him with his email via droselumen@gmail.com i explain how my ex have been giving me problem in my marriage, she never allowed me a moment of peace, and i need to end it by killing her, and i don't want to make use of assassin because it will be risky so i needed to do it in a spiritual way that's why i decided to contact him, he assured me not to worry as i have contacted the right person at the right time, i co-operated with him and in less than a week my ex was dead, she slept and never woke up all thanks to Dr Oselumen indeed he's really a humble man. you can contact dr oselumen for any death spell, such as to kill your superior in the office and take his or her place, death spell to kill your father and inherit his wealth ,death spell to kill anyone who have scammed you in the past ,spell for increase in salaries, spell for promotion at the office, spell to get your ex lover back, if things is not working well in your life then you need to contact him now via Email droselumen@gmail.com call or add him on whatsapp +2348054265852. 

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have been suffering from (HERPES) disease for the last four years and had constant pain, especially in my knees. During the first year, I had faith in God that I would be healed someday.This disease started to circulate all over my body and I have been taking treatment from my doctor, a few weeks ago I came on search on the internet if I could get any information concerning the prevention of this disease, on my search I saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from (Hepatitis B and Cancer) by this Man Dr. Silver and she also gave the email address of this man and advise we should contact him for any sickness that he would be of help, so I wrote to Dr. Silver telling him about my (HERPES Virus) he told me not to worry that I was going to be cured!! hmm i never believed it,, well after all the procedures and remedy given to me by this man few weeks later I started experiencing changes all over me as the Dr. assured me that I have cured, after some time i went to my doctor to confirmed if I have been finally healed behold it was TRUE, So friends my advice is if you have such sickness or any other at all you can email Dr. Silver (drsilverhealingtemple@gmail.com) sir I am indeed grateful for the help I will forever recommend you to my friends!!! with your lovely Email Address ( drsilverhealingtemple@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for sharing this beautiful article with us. Get high-quality services from the Best Local carpenters with the help of Vetted Trades Online. Visit their official website for more information.

    ReplyDelete
  22. A bar chart or bar graph is a chart or graph that presents categorical data with rectangular bars with heights or lengths proportional to the values that they represent. Here are few Bar Chart Examples for consideration.

    ReplyDelete
  23. TESTIMONY ON HOW I GOT MY LOAN FROM A FINANCE COMPANY LAST WEEK Email for immediate response: drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com

    {Dr.Benjamin Scarlet Owen} can also help you with a legit loan offer. He Has also helped some other colleagues of mine. If you need a genuine loan without cost/stress he his the right loan lender to wipe away your financial problems and crisis today. BENJAMIN LOAN FINANCE holds all of the information about how to obtain money quickly and painlessly via WhatsApp +19292227023 Email drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for sharing this beautiful and quality article with us, I think that you should write more on this topic Ac Repair Service in Indore

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi, Thanks For Providing Such Great Information, I loved your info and decided to read more from you. punch specification

    ReplyDelete
  26. I appreciate you sharing this wonderful and well-written essay with us, but I believe you should write more on this subject.

    mobile repair shop near me

    ReplyDelete

I would ask that if you would like to leave a comment that you think of Local 157 Blogspot as your online meeting hall and that you wouldn’t say anything on this site that you wouldn’t, say at a union meeting. Constructive criticism is welcome, as we all benefit from such advice. Obnoxious comments are not welcome.