The New York City District Council of Carpenters is seeking to hire Dockbuilders and Timbermen from Local 1556 to be Council Representatives. The selected candidates will have had direct and substantial experience in the jurisdiction and work of the Dockbuilders and/or Timbermen and be knowledgeable about 1556’s main Dockbuilding and Timbermen CBAs.
To be considered, candidates must be Dockbuilders or Timbermen and members in good standing of 1556 and be a member since at least March 21, 2004. Successful candidates will have strong working knowledge of the trade, including the Collective Bargaining Agreement, job site safety, and the grievance filing process. Council Representatives who work in the Business Center are responsible for:
- Ensuring that members and contractors are in full compliance with the applicable Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Visiting job sites regularly, representing the District Council, evaluating job sites and the work being conducted, and ensuring that the Collective Bargaining Agreement and all relevant federal and local laws are being followed.
- Receiving and responding to job site complaints, Collective Bargaining Agreement issues and grievances.
- Providing member services, both in person and over the phone.
- Reviewing Shop Steward Reports, ensuring the manning provision is correct and that the hours are properly recorded.
- Other duties as assigned.
Interested candidates should send their resumes to Dana Brownstein, Human Resources Director at email@example.com or drop them off at the 9th floor desk in the reception area. Resumes are only being considered up until April 18th at 5pm.